If you like to see your vehicle clean and tidy, then getting water stains on the car seat might be one of the worst feelings for you. Now talking about car stains, there are types of stains that are easy to wash off. For this, you can use vinegar with baking soda, you can also use liquid laundry detergent as a household item to clean the stain.
On the flip side, there are also types which can turn out to be a nightmare to deal with. If the stain lingers for a long time then in that case you would have to take help from professionals.
How to Get Water Stains Out of Car Seats (with Household Items)
There are some kinds of stains that won’t last a long time over your car seats, and these types of stains can be dealt with using household items. These stains are not too rigid and can be easily washed out with the help of vinegar and dish soap mixture; these could help get most of the stains out of your car seat.
🚗 Things Required
- Cuba soda.
- Baking soda collection.
- Vinegar mixture.
- A slight cleaning with a vacuum would help to clean the dirt present.
- Using laundry detergent.
🚗 Get Water Stains Out of Cloth Car Seats: Step by Step Guide
If you are struggling with a cloth car seat stain or spill, there is no need to worry here; we present the step by step guide to cleaning the dirt stains off your car seats-
👍 Vinegar solution
- Step 1- Take a bucket filled with hot water.
- Step 2- Add one cup of white vinegar to it.
- Step 3- To remove hard stains, try mixing a little amount of dish soap in hot water
- or vinegar solution, this little add up cold workout is very effective.
- Step 4- Once the solution is ready, pour it into the stained parts of the seats and
- let it rest there for a decent amount of time.
- Step 5- Use a scrub, at last, to remove the stains completely.
- Step 6- Afterwards, use warm water to remove the excess soap from the car
- Step 7- Now roll down the car windows and let them dry for some time.
👍 Use club soda
- Step 1- Take a spray bottle, club soda and a scrubber.
- Step 2- Pour the club soda into the spray bottle.
- Step 3- Now spray the solution on the places where you got stains on the seat and try to cover all the places as much as possible.
- Step 4- Scrub the portion where there is soap left completely, and afterwards, wipe the leftover solution with a clean towel or a cloth.
- Step 5- Now, let the car dry and examine the before and after results.
👍 Baking Soda Solution
- Step 1- Take a quarter cup of baking soda powder.
- Step 2- Take a bucket of warm luke water.
- Step 3- Mix the baking powder thoroughly in the water to make a perfect and clear solution.
- Step 4- Now, apply the solution over the stained part and let it rest for half an hour.
- Step 5- Scrub over the part where the soap is applied with the help of a toothbrush. But if the stain is hard, then try to remove it by rubbing it with a cloth.
- Step 6- Now wipe it thoroughly with a diminished cloth and let it dry for a while.
👍 Laundry detergent
- Step 1- Take some lukewarm water and mix it with a laundry detergent. Mix the solution thoroughly.
- Step 2 After the solution is prepared, lay it over the stained part of your car seat and wait for some time until the stains are loosened.
- Step 4- Let the car seats dry.
How to get water stains out of leather car seats?
While leather seats are known to be somewhat resistant to stains and are easy to clean, there are some types of stains that are not easily removed from the seats. With the extreme comfort of leather cars, they are stain-resistant also up to an extent. It makes it difficult for leather seats to clean as the leather is not reactive to detergents and chemicals.
🚗 Things Required
- Dish soap or dishwashing chemical.
- White vinegar.
- Baking soda.
- Olive oil.
- Rag cloth, toothbrush, Clean cloth, scrub, sponge and of course, a bucket of lukewarm water.
🚗 How to Get Water Stains Out of Car Seats (leather): Step by Step Guide
Leather seats are resistant to some chemicals, so it is quite hard to clean the stain off the leather seats but don’t worry. Here is a step by step guide to do so:
👍 Leather dressing
- Step 1- Grab some olive oil, ¼ cup of vinegar ½ cup of water and mix them
- thoroughly to make a perfect solution.
- Step 2- Transfer the solution to a spray bottle.
- Step 3- Spray the mixture thoroughly on the stained area.
- Step 4- Let the mixture rest on the stained area for about five minutes.
- Step 5- Remove the soap now from the surface by wiping it with a clean cloth.
👍 Use baking soda
- Step 1- Apply a decent amount of baking soda over the stained areas.
- Step 2- Let it soak the stain completely in order to remove it.
- Step 3- After some time, use a vacuum cleaner to eliminate the excess amount of baking soda.
- Step 4- Finally, wipe it with a clean cloth.
👍 With the help of toothpaste!
- Step 1- Take some toothpaste and rub it over the stained surface on your leather car seats.
- Step 2- Rubbing the toothpaste over the surface will enable the toothpaste to soak the stain as much as possible.
- Step 3- Let it rest on the stained surface for some time.
- Step 4- Now clean the surface with the help of a rag cloth and then wipe it with a clean or soft cloth.
👍 White vinegar method
- Step 1- Clean the leather first to ensure that there is no dust settled in it.
- Step 2- Mix equal parts of soap and white vinegar and make it a solution.
- Step 3- Scrub your leather with a scrubber drenched in the solution.
- Step 4- Rinse the cloth in clean water and wipe off the excess solution from the
- leather surface.
- Step 5- Let the leather dry for some time.
- Step 6- Condition your leather seat cover with the help of a leather conditioner.
How not to get water stains on the car seat?
So far, we have discussed the ways in which you can clean the stains off your car seat, but here is a quick guide on how to not get water stains on your car seat. You should consider these options to avoid getting dirty stains on your car seat.
- Every time you spill something on your car seat, try to clean it as soon as possible, as the stain could become permanent if not cleaned properly for a long time.
- Always try to wipe your seat cover from time to time and remove the dirt as the dirt could also leave a stain on your car seat.
- If you have a leather car seat try to condition it from time to time as this would lead to removing the stains on your car seat regularly.
- Don’t let the water spill to dry if the stains are wet; try to clean it as soon as possible, and don’t let it dry.
For more useful guide, check our car maintenance and care section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can water stains be removed from upholstery?
Yes! Water stains can be treated or cleansed from the upholstery with the help of vinegar and baking soda; the solution of baking soda and vinegar can be used to extract hard water deposits from the upholstery.
2. What removes hard water stains?
Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar and spread over all the stains; let it rest for fifteen minutes, then wipe it with a clean cloth and then let it dry.
3. Can you sand out water stains?
You can use sandpaper for sanding out specific types of stains, but the sandpaper method won’t work out for every stain. In this method, you just have to take sandpaper and rub it over the stained surface in order to remove the stain from the surface.
4. What do car detailers use to clean seats?
Car detailers usually go with vacuum cleaners to clean the seats of your car; vacuum cleaners pull out all the dust from your car seat.
Removing the stains off your car seats could be a little challenging for you if you are doing it by yourself, but there are some stains that cannot be treated by household products or home remedies. For these types of stains, you should look up service centres that would help you remove those stains.