Most gas stations keep a specific kind of battery; you just need to confirm what type is yours. Gas stations rarely have all kinds of car batteries.
It is important to know appropriate information about the kinds of batteries sold at the gas stations near you as there can be situations in which you need to replace the car batteries as soon as possible in the case of emergencies.
So we have come up with a detailed analysis of all the valid questions that may prompt regarding the gas stations’ batteries.
Table of Contents
Do Gas Stations Sell Car Batteries? The Actual Answer
You might be able to get the car batteries that you are searching for at some of the gas stations that have convenience stores within them. It is not that you will find your type of cat batteries in all kinds of gas stations, but there is a high probability that you get it in the ones with a convenience store.
Most of the gas stations don’t stack batteries in their store because it is riskier for them as a bad-conditioned battery will outgas flammable hydrogen that can then lead to an explosion. Moreover, only selected kinds of batteries are available at the gas stations as they are also very costly compared to what you can get at a normal hardware store.
Does Sheetz sell Car batteries?
Yes, Sheetz sells car batteries. Moreover, you can choose your battery type from a wide variety of car batteries available at the Sheetz.
You will usually find the batteries near the check-out counter or other convenience items at the store.
Does QuikTrip sell Car batteries?
QuickTrip is another chain of convenience stores in America. Along with all the other convenience items, QuickTrip contains car batteries for its customers.
There are all kinds of batteries available to choose from. Moreover, the prices are also very affordable compared to other stores that offer the same batteries.
Does Circle K Sell Car Batteries?
Circle K food stores, also known as Circle K, are one of the most popular convenience stores. Not only does it serve its customers with convenience items, but also it gives the food services like any normal restaurant.
Yes, Circle K sells car batteries of all kinds, including alkaline and lithium-ion batteries, and you just have to choose yours.
Does Speedway Sell Car Batteries?
Yes, Speedway sells car batteries to its customers. They have all kinds of car batteries and different sizes and models, which gives the customers a wide variety to choose from according to their needs and what fits most.
Also, if you have a Speedway card, you can earn points on it by purchasing the batteries from the card only.
Does Kwik Trip Sell Car Batteries?
Yes, if you are looking for car batteries at the gas stations, then you should consider going to the Kwik Trip as they sell almost all kinds of batteries that fit most the cars, but if you require something specific, then try checking their website to know more.
What type of batteries are sold in a gas station?
Usually, you would find the AA or AAA batteries at most gas stations that too four-pack ones. But in case your car uses a special kind of battery like the 9 volts, C, or D types of batteries, then in most of the cases, you would have to visit an auto parts store to get them.
Some types of batteries are not stored by the gas stations like Lead-Acid and lithium-ion batteries, as These gasses are colorless, toxic, explosive, and have a rotten egg or natural gas-like stench.
The use of AA batteries in starting up cars is not that usual among drivers, but it is not impossible to jumpstart a car with AA batteries; however, it is very difficult to do so as they are of very low power when it comes to charging the batteries.
There is a very low chance of finding a starting lighting and ignition battery or (SLI) on gas stations. The SLI batteries are used to power the car’s starter motor that serves the purpose of igniting and lighting a car engine.
Why do gas stations don’t usually sell car batteries?
Most gas stations sell car batteries for the convenience of their customers. Gas stations have many kinds of batteries from which the customers can choose the best suitable match for their car.
But there are many gas stations where you would not find the batteries you are looking for or no batteries. As per our detailed research on this topic, we have tried to cover all the factors that might be responsible for this.
- Types of locations: The location of the gas station also affects whether you would find batteries there or not. Like it is possible that you can get the car batteries at the gas station located in the town as compared to the other gas station located outside the town.
- Type of battery: It also depends on the type of battery that your car requires. If your car requires the AAA battery, it is available in almost every gas station. Still, if you are looking for an alkaline or lithium-ion battery, it might not be available at the gas stations as these are somewhat dangerous to store.
- Risk: Also, most car batteries are very difficult to store as even a small mistake can make the batteries leak gases which can then cause a massive explosion at the gas stations, so for the security norms also, the batteries are not available at all gas stations.
- Cost: The cost of the batteries sold at some of the gas stations is very high, making the customers buy the same batteries from other hardware stores at a low price.
- Deal of space for storage: It is very difficult to store car batteries at the gas stations, which needs to be done very carefully. A small mistake can lead to a major casualty.
- Repair bay facility: If we talk about the repair or service bay facilities, most gas stations don’t come in comparison to the repair bay facilities.
How much does an electric car battery cost?
If you have been using your electric car for a long time, then you need not worry about finding a gas station to replace your battery as they work on the concept of rechargeable batteries.
You just have to find a charging spot for your electric vehicle, and that’s it. But it would be smart to change your car batteries regularly after a fixed period. Depending upon your vehicle, replacing your car battery can cost anywhere between $3,000 to $18,000.
How To Find The Right Batteries For Your Car?
IF you wish to find the right battery for you, then here are the points that could help you do the same:
- Reserve capacity- In an 80°F climate, it is a time measurement that describes how long a completely charged battery can generate 25 amps of current.
- Voltage- The starting motor, which ignites the engine through combustion, receives voltage from the automobile battery.
- Cranking power– You should look for a battery that satisfies the amount of cranking power your engine needs.
- Length of the life- Always look for the average life span of the car battery you are about to purchase.
You May Also Find Useful: Can You Change a Car Battery in The Rain | When the Car Battery Keeps Dying but Alternator is Good
If you experience sudden dimming of lights of your car or if your car is having issues starting up, this might be the issue of a dead battery. Try to replace the dead battery as soon as possible as it could happen in the middle of the trip, which can be hampering you. I hope you have got your answer for “do gas stations sell car batteries?”.